After three years of development, version 3 is here. We have made many changes to help you work faster and more efficiently with RandomPicker.com. This week – from April 27th until April 29th – we will be taking down our server to implement our new system. We apologize for any inconvinience this may cause, however it’s necessary for the smooth migration.
Some of important new features nad improvements
- Random number generators – you can choose from three random methods (true random – pure thermal noise or with buzzing noise, pseudo-random numbers).
- Design changes – we applied several changes for better user experience
- Anti-cheating functions – weights are displayed in protocols and fulltext search, list of other projects, weight limitation
- Your account – possibility to delete projects or accounts, profile changes
- Support – new sections FAQ, manual
- Other improvements added (project counter, winner email protection), several minor bugs fixed
Free services and fees
Since 2010, RandomPicker was completely for free. After three years we decided to charge a small fee for some services. Servers, programming or system maintenance are demanding and we need resources to develop new features and keep the service reliable.
The service will be for free for personal and non-profit purposes. If you use RandomPicker for business purposes, we will charge a small fee for each draw. We want to thank you for your registration as our early users and added 3 credits to your accounts.
Do you have any comment or idea? Do you miss any function in RandomPicker? Please help us to improve your services and write us. Or you can use http://randompicker.uservoice.com form to submit your comments. Many thanks in advance!