We have released new set of system updates:
- Data import optimization: quicker; paralellel import disabled
- Upload progress displayed during import
- Whitespaces are not imported
- You can enable/disable header in imported file
- More login attempts before locking an account
- Improved invoice generator
- Russian localization (thanks to Alex Suvorov)
- Spanish localization (thanks to Jana)
- Several minor improvements
We continue developing the system, new features will be added soon!
After three years of development, version 3 is here. We have made many changes to help you work faster and more efficiently with RandomPicker.com. This week – from April 27th until April 29th – we will be taking down our server to implement our new system. We apologize for any inconvinience this may cause, however it’s necessary for the smooth migration.
Some of important new features nad improvements
- Random number generators – you can choose from three random methods (true random – pure thermal noise or with buzzing noise, pseudo-random numbers).
- Design changes – we applied several changes for better user experience
- Anti-cheating functions – weights are displayed in protocols and fulltext search, list of other projects, weight limitation
- Your account – possibility to delete projects or accounts, profile changes
- Support – new sections FAQ, manual
- Other improvements added (project counter, winner email protection), several minor bugs fixed
Free services and fees
Since 2010, RandomPicker was completely for free. After three years we decided to charge a small fee for some services. Servers, programming or system maintenance are demanding and we need resources to develop new features and keep the service reliable.
The service will be for free for personal and non-profit purposes. If you use RandomPicker for business purposes, we will charge a small fee for each draw. We want to thank you for your registration as our early users and added 3 credits to your accounts.
Do you have any comment or idea? Do you miss any function in RandomPicker? Please help us to improve your services and write us. Or you can use http://randompicker.uservoice.com form to submit your comments. Many thanks in advance!
We prepared a new version of the system with advanced random number generators. RandomPicker will still use computer algorithms and will add true random numbers (thermal noise). We are also working on other interesting methods. The first one is a mixture of true random numbers and numbers generated from buzzing. You can see the whole process illustrated:
(scheme created by the youngest team member, my daughter Katy)
next steps: conversion a wave file into binary numbers, to integers, mix with thermal noise, dedup, again and again.
I hope you enjoy the drawing with our bees! The new version will be launched later in April.
Here is a list of the important additions and changes:
- Delete account – user , his information and projects are deleted.
- Several minor bugs fixed.
Two new anti-cheating functions added to protocols:
- Visitors can display a list of all projects of the organizer
- Visitors can see the weight of the winner or another participants
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Enjoy Your New Year!
Your RandomPicker.com Team
A new version of RandomPicker.com system was launched. Here are the changes:
- core scripts completely re-written for more security and stability
- fixed several bugs
New functions added:
- Import from XLSX files
- You can use weigths to increase/decrease chance of each entrant (useful if they can win more with higher activity, more purchased products etc.)
We would like to know what you think about Random Picker – to find what to improve and which functions to add. Please give us 2 minutes and complete our Random Picker survey. Click on the following link to enter the questionnaire:
survey already closed
We have to thank you – our users – the number of Random Picker projects exceeded 1000 yesterday! This makes us very happy and we feel that our time spent on Random Picker was not wasted – people find it useful. Isn’t it great ? 🙂
Yes… the RandomPicker blog is real now. We will bring you hot news, system updates, tutorials and some useful stuff here.